"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin;
"And when politicians find that honor and character matter less than buying votes and a constituency, that too will herald the end of the Constitution. When that happens we must work tirelessly to change their minds, or their occupation!" - Hoping The Blind Will See

Friday, August 14, 2009

One Standard For All

I am tired of the racist label, and it's time Americans of every color, race, religion, and sex stand on principle and denounce boldly, and repeatedly, the bile the political left throws at us at every opportunity. It is their way of denigrating anything that does not promote their ideology provided there is a minority involved in the incident. But I watched as one woman at a recent Town Hall meeting did take a stand when she was called racist. We all need to do the same! If I dislike a black man, I'm a racist. But what if I dislike a white man? Aren't I allowed to like and dislike whomever I want without being called a racist? If I dislike the fact that illegal immigrants are entering our country from Mexico, I'm a racist. But what if I don't mind legal immigrants coming to America? Aren't I allowed to support the existing immigration LAWS of this country without being called a racist? If I dislike Affirmative Action, I'm a racist. But what if I support fairness for ALL? Aren't I allowed to expect that all persons succeed on skill, knowledge, strength of character, self motivation, and self reliance without being called a racist? If I support a white cop questioning a black man because the white cop is doing his duty, professionally, calmly and according to department rules and regulations, I'm a racist. But what if I support a cop of any color or race doing the same thing to a white man? Aren't I allowed to expect police officers to protect my property as well as myself, and to keep the peace without being called a racist? These are just a few examples of how the left has demonized any reasonable person whenever race is involved in an issue. I'm not a racist, I just believe in common sense and fairness - not manufactured or legislated fairness, but basic fairness - for all! In my view, at some point in the future, if we do not act now to correct the injustice the "racist label" has branded us with there will be a backlash that will be ugly. So America, speak up, speak out, and do not accept the status quo any longer. Americans of every nationality can be compassionate to any other person, so long as that person lives by the rules of fairness. Many Americans who do live by those rules, but who have been unduly discriminated against by social programs and leftist innuendo shouted under the guise of "leveling the playing field" or the veil of "compassion for those less fortunate", are tired of the double standard. One standard for all, is what I'd like to see. That, after all, would then support the Declaration of Independence which states in part "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among those are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. And nowhere could I find, in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution or the Bill of Rights that the pursuit of Happiness included the government indulging one segment of the population over another. Maybe I missed it? Let me know if I did. Wake up America!

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%. I was told during this past election that I was a racist because I was not voting for Obama. Nevermind that I am a conservative voter...I guess that doesn't matter...

    ReplyDelete