"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin;
"And when politicians find that honor and character matter less than buying votes and a constituency, that too will herald the end of the Constitution. When that happens we must work tirelessly to change their minds, or their occupation!" - Hoping The Blind Will See

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Magnitude Of This Man's Character Continues To Impress Me

Can I suggest that you pick up the book Joker One by Donovan Campbell? It will give you a good understanding of what it was like in Iraq at this particular time. It is a fantastic read. And it might give you a better understanding of the reason(s) for Lt. Col West's desire to do whatever was necessary to protect the men and women under his command. As a father of a son who is an active member of the USMC and was also in Iraq, and then Afghanistan, I say to Lt. Col West "Thank You for your service, and your commitment to your men, your honor and your word." You are indeed exactly what we need in Washington! As Sean Hannity would say, you are a Great American! I am proud to have you running in my state of Florida, and I am proud that I can say that we, you and I, are Americans!




My Fellow Patriots,

One of the most enduring values my Parents instilled in me was a sense of duty through service to my Country, America. Leading by example, my Father served in WWII, my Mother served 25 years as a civilian with the 6th Marine Corps District Headquarters in Atlanta, my older Brother served in the Marine Corps and was wounded during the Battle of Khe Sanh in the Vietnam War, and my young Nephew currently serves as a Captain in the Army, already having served 2 tours in Afghanistan.

The 22 years of active duty service in which I proudly wore an Army uniform defined my life. My military service brought me to 13 countries, including 2 tours in Iraq (Operation Desert Storm & Operation Iraqi Freedom). After retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel in 2004, my sense of duty and commitment to public service brought me to Deerfield Beach High School as a teacher, and later motivated me to return to the battelfield of Afghanistan, where I served as a Civilian Advisor to the Afghan Army for 2 ½ years. It is this commitment to serving my Country, and its citizens, that has motivated me to run for Congress.

As our campaign to restore honor, integrity and character to Washington, DC gains momentum, our incumbent opponent - Democratic Congressman Ron Klein - has made a series of moves that evidences he will do and say anything to win. As our campaign continues to address the issues affecting South Florida, Klein and his political cronies have all but announced that they will distort my proven record of honorable service in the name of retaining power.
During the next 3 months, this dishonorable opponent is going to try to distort and falsify my service in Iraq as a combat Battalion Commander in 2003. Let me be perfectly clear - as a Battalion Commander during Operation Iraqi Freedom, my number one priority was the safety and lives of my men. I am proud to have sacrificed my military career in order to carry out that solemn promise to each of them and their families.
While my service in Iraq has been well documented, I wanted to share this short video with you that further explains what I did, why I did it, and what happened as a result. You will clearly come to know who I am.

I hope you find this information helpful in promoting our campaign aimed at restoring honor, integrity and character back to Washington.
Steadfast and Loyal,
Signed "Alan West"

Republic Restoration Project Under Progress...No Stimulus Dollars Used or Needed. Please Join The Project!

4 comments:

  1. Super blog my good friend and thanks so much for your service to our country.

    Progressivism is a disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting malcontent - I enjoy yours as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping,

    Great post. West is one helluva an American to be sure!

    Keep up the great work and I thank your son for his service and your families sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete