"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin;
"And when politicians find that honor and character matter less than buying votes and a constituency, that too will herald the end of the Constitution. When that happens we must work tirelessly to change their minds, or their occupation!" - Hoping The Blind Will See

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is Racism Self-Serving

I like, or dislike, many people. If I had to identify what I base my feelings on, I'd say they're based upon the other person's personality, social views, attitude, kindness, behavior, integrity, and the commonality we have between us in terms of our interests. To me, it makes no difference if you are black, white, hispanic, asian, indian or blue! But I have noticed that racism in America has been ramping up for the past 10-15 years. I remember growing up in rural Massachusetts and we (my brother and sisters and I) were taught by my parents that there was no difference between the friends we chose regardless of our skin color. Consequently, I (and my siblings) had friends who were not white - and we thought nothing much about it. But the current crop of liberal/radical black leaders have extolled the mantra of race for many years. Many black children hear that diatribe and start believing it from an early age. In the 60's and 70's America made great strides in reducing racism in America. Those black parents and white parents who worked tirelessly to teach their children that color didn't matter, will have my respect forever - because that teaching is the ONLY way we'll eliminate racism in America. There are many black men and women who try hard everyday to teach their children about tolerance and acceptance, just as their are white, hispanic, and asian men and women who do the same. And yet, we have the radical end of the liberal ideology (politicians, professors, news commentators, etc) crying racism, or racial profiling in some cases, every time a black man (or woman) is questioned, criticized, or shunned because of their behavior or views, etc. To me, that's self serving. That keeps racism alive (and expanding), and has hurt the cause of Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Civil Rights movement, immeasurably. To be fair, there are some black Americans who do speak out on this - most notably Bill Cosby. But where are the other black men and women, of all classes, who are being used by the radical left as pawns to push a destructive agenda? Why aren't they speaking out? Why aren't they actively distancing themselves from these radicals? Why aren't they denouncing the radical left at every opportunity? Why can't they see the possibility of destruction that this behavior will bring? If I criticize a man, people will say that the criticism was justified or it wasn't. But when I criticize a black man, why am I a racist? Why don't people just acknowledge that the criticism was justified or it wasn't? It's because the radical left continues to play the race card, making racism self-serving in my view. They want a divided America - it serves their purpose. It's a "progressive" strategy. And it's working! Wake up America!

No comments:

Post a Comment