"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin;
"And when politicians find that honor and character matter less than buying votes and a constituency, that too will herald the end of the Constitution. When that happens we must work tirelessly to change their minds, or their occupation!" - Hoping The Blind Will See

Saturday, June 27, 2009

A One Month Cruise

Well, I decided I'd look out after my adult children, my brothers and sisters, my dad and my in-laws. I made reservations for them all on a one month cruise! I reserved beautiful rooms with balconies, a pre-cruise and post-cruise stay at a posh hotel so we wouldn't be rushed, and made reservations at a 5-star restaurant for the night before we set sail. I made first class flight reservations for everyone too. What a guy I am! I hope you all enjoy it! Oh, you have questions? How much is it going to cost? You mean with air fare? What ship are we going on? How are we getting to the pier? Do you have to stay in a hotel pre-cruise and post-cruise? Are any excursions involved? What are the ports of call? Well I have to tell you I don't know those answers. I didn't read the contract. Silly of me. I just said yes when the call came in. You can afford it, can't you? It IS something you want, isn't it? No? Oh. Hmmm, sounds like maybe I should be a member of Congress. I have the knack, don't you think? Hmmm... Wake up America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment